As time go by as I see myself get older and more mature my teens that where just around the corner seems to be getting company from my early 20’s attitude. What I mean by that is I seem to be experiencing the need for purpose more then I have felt from my teens. I was the party girl, the it girl, the back to the hotel girl and the I don’t know what I’m doing next week girl. And I’m still like that but I can feel that I’m changing…. to a more better complete happier person. Because even though I was doing everything I wanted I wasn’t really happy … something was missing.
There are many things that you can do to become a better person. You can work hard, exercise, and eat well for example. All of these things are great, no question about it. However, in my opinion, becoming a better person starts with being selfless. Doing good deeds for other people without expecting to gain from it is one of the most rewarding experiences that one can feel in a lifetime. Becoming a truly better person begins with giving outwardly.So have you ever felt this way about anything? Do you have any things in your life that make you want to be a better person?
1. What do you love, and what are you doing about it? you realize that you never know how much time you have with the people you love. Now we are not saying to go out and drop everything that important to you but if you really think about it there are only a few people that you really do care about and its good to give them a call and say how are you or go and visit them once in a while.
I remember I friend told me that he had fallen out with a good friend that had helped him when they first meat and his pride stopped him from calling him to patch things up. But then one day he dropped his pride and wrote a letter outlining what had happened and apologising. After a few weeks the friend gave him a call and they spoke and now they are back to being great friends and both have learnt from previous mistakes.
If you aren’t spending time connecting with the people you love, change that. If you are holding a grudge against a family member, let it go and reconcile. If you’ve done something to hurt a loved one, ask for forgiveness. Drop the pride, and make up. If you haven’t seen someone in awhile, call them now to set up a date.
2. Are you pursuing your dream, or is fear stopping you? What have you always wanted to do? Maybe something you dreamed of as a child but have given up as unrealistic. Maybe something you still want to do but are afraid of failure? What fears are stopping you? And what would be the worst that could happen if you overcame those fears and pursued your dream? What makes us happy is doing something towards our dreams whether it singing, acting, sports, business what ever you have always dreamt about, i think you should peruse. There’s only one thing that can actually stop you …..and that’s you!!
But If you’re already pursuing your dream, then go for it and don’t look back You’re doing fantastic!
3. Are you doing something that matters? There’s a difference between doing work, and doing work that really matters. Much of the time, we use up the few days we have on this earth with busy-work, stuff that doesn’t make much difference, and that’s sadly a waste of our lives. If you think back to any time have you done something for somebody and they look back at you with a big smile and say thank you, how that makes you feel. You feel a sense of pride and joy that you have made someone happy. Your business can have the same impact if you provide a service with a smile that warms the hearts of others. It helps you distinguish between trivial busy-work that will take up all of your time but not matter in a few years, and tasks and projects and goals with high impact that will make a difference, in your career, in your life, in the lives of others. And this is how you will build up meaningful friendships.
4. What are you doing to help friends and others? Have you been kind to people? Have you been compassionate? Have you been there for anyone? Listened? Volunteered for those in need? A good deed here and there goes a long way . Again we are not saying to drop all what you are doing but spare a thought to someone who may need a helping hand. If you’re not doing anything to help others, this is a good time to figure out one thing you can do for someone, and put it into action. Ask this question on a regular basis, and you’ll make kindness a habit. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.”
5. Am I as good a person as I want to be? Sometimes, people can be impatient or selfish or less-than-helpful, think back on what you have said and done and realize that it could have been done better. Instead of beating yourself up about it Try to work harder, to remember to allow angels to guide you, to rise above the hateful things of life to a higher level of peace. It’s not easy to be a good person, at least not all of the time. It’s easier to be selfish, hateful, mean, jealous without thinking about it. But is that how you want to be remembered? Is this how you want god to see you as? Is that how you want to live your life? Give it some thought you are here in time for a reason, your a unique and special individual.
6. What are you doing to live life with passion, health, love and energy? You can do what you consider to be all the right things, and yet live a life that’s dull and sluggish and stressful . If you let your health go, you will have little energy and you will waste the minutes you have left on illness. Instead, learn to live a healthy life, with good foods and exercise and happy and uplifting energy. This will lead to more positive energy in your life. And then direct that energy into something you’re passionate about. If you haven’t found that passion (or passions), start looking for what you love to do and start doing it.