It’s at time hard to come up with the best way to deal with a break up especially when you are still feeling raw. Rejection is painful and leads to frustrations, anger and a lot of anguish. You need to know how to deal with these emotions within the first weeks after a break up. This ensures that you remain with your respect and dignity as you recover from the pain. This is good because life must go on and you can find another person to love when the pain is over.
1) Rest in the following weeks after the break up, you should only do what you feel is necessary. Don’t strain yourself because you are already mentally and emotionally strained. Give yourself time to recover from the loss and also mourn. During such a time, you will feel lonely, sad and hopeless. It’s normal.
2) Eat a healthy diet, get enough rest and do not quit your job or classes. You will feel tempted to sleep all day, but you must work to achieve your goals in life. Take good care of your personal appearance and know that you still have a life to live. This ensures that when the pain subsides, you still have your life in control and you can move on properly.
3) You should not forget that you can still live even without your partner. Try to remember things that you can do on your own and also your strengths. You can write some positive points about yourself on a piece of paper. This can be a good strategy to learn on how to get over a break up and a good reason keep yourself aware that you are still lovable.
4) You should avoid seeing your ex as much you can in order to rebuild sense of identity. This may not be easy, but it is possible. This has been recommended by many experts on how to deal with a break up. Separation will allow the two of you to think if you need to get together or part ways forever.
5) You need a friend or a relative to talk to when you are very lonely. This will help you stop thinking about ways to revenge against your ex. Doing some things will only land you in more trouble which will make your life even more sad. Avoid acting on crazy thoughts and talk to someone to calm down.
When you try to figure out how to deal with a break up, remember that you need enough time before moving on. Do things that you have always enjoyed doing before the break up and do not get into another relationship to forget your ex. This can put you into more problems.
Once you get over your broken heart and you’ve got yourself together and looked after your self. If you do ever bump into your ex, at least when they see you they will be hitting themselves, and asking themselves why did i break up with her!!!! That’s the best feeling ever! DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE TWICE! It depends on the reason why the person broke up with you, but try to not get back with your ex because if it wasn’t meant to be it will be. From not getting back with your ex you will always hold a power over them because they wanted to get back with you, but you’ve moved on to bigger and better things in life!
Have you ever experienced a broken heart, and if yes how did you deal with it?