Jeans are sooo good, they literally go with anything. Casual, smart even sexy. You can buy them cheap or splash out on some sexy designer ones that fit & lift all the right places ;p So you have your trusty jeans that you spent a fortune on & want to make sure they last the distance. Here are a few tips to caring for your good jeans.
1. Not all denim is designed the same. Some pieces are designed to fade, while for others washing may not be advisable. It’s important to read the care instructions prior to wearing and washing each garment. They will provide the clearest instructions to help you best look after your denim.
2. Avoid washing denim on a daily basis. Constant washing can lead to the denim fading and thinning. So it’s advisable to only wash them when necessary. Air your denim out in between wears to keep them smelling fresh.
3. If your denim is stretchy, hand washing will help keep the elasticity. A washing machine will only encourage denim to lose elasticity faster. Wash denim in lukewarm soapy water, paying special attention to the hems as this is wear dirt builds up the most. However, if you can’t hand wash, using a washing machine on a delicate cycle is fine.
4. Even though denim is a sturdy material, it’s best that you treat your denim pieces as delicates. If you use a washing machine, wash in cold water and on a delicate cycle. This will help maintain the quality of the fabric. Washing denim inside out will also help keep the blue dye from fading.
5. Wash denims by themselves or with other denims. The dye in denim can bleed onto other items in the wash. Try keeping darker denims together and separate from lighter denims. Washing in cold or tepid water will also prevent the dye from bleeding.
6. Avoid using a machine dryer as this can damage the denim. Hang your jeans upside down or lay them flat in the sun. This will minimise creasing and eliminate the need for ironing. If you do need to use a dryer, use the lowest heat setting and remove the denim before it is completely dry.
Any other tips you have picked up please leave below for others to share mwah x