So its not working out like you thought it would, it’s got to the point where you just don’t want to be with him anymore and you feel its time to end it and move on with your life. Depending on the length of time you’ve been with your partner, you may want to consider more personal ways to ending the relationship. My tips in general apply to all situations with parting ways from a male perspective.
1. Pick a day, don’t just decide to end it the moment you are certain. Lead up to it picking a day (that is a unimportant date) there is nothing more hurtful then announcing the breakup on a anniversary date or a birthday. Don’t break up with him by phone, or text that’s just insensitive and not cool, don’t take the cowardly way out.
2. Find a private place where you both feel comfortable to tell him. Nobody likes to be dumped in a place where there are lots of people around, making him feel worst then he already will do, as it can really be embarrassing and deeply hurtful. Make sure its someplace you are able to leave quickly and easily just in case he starts to make a scene or it becomes heated.
3. Tell him the truth! When ending a relationship the truth is hard to be honest but it’s the right thing to do, just be sensitive and choose your words carefully, maybe rehearse what you are going to say before you meet him with one of your girlfriends. He will appreciate your honesty and in turn may help him to realise his wrongs and begin changing his ways if that is the problem.
4. He is likely to have some questions once you have expressed your feelings, make sure you are considerate with your words. Avoid using “you” or “us” and use “I” instead, allowing for the place of blame to be passed up e.g “Its just not working out with you’ you may say “I’m not content”.
5. Do wish him good luck with everything, not on the basis of finding somebody else. Avoid giving him false hope with things like “ I’ll always be here to talk if you need to” or “ I will always have love for you”. It maybe hard to do and you may hurt for him but its best to now just keep it moving and allow him to get over it in time.
By E #Vizo