If your a seasoned vet or a newbie to Notting Hill Carnival, its deffo an experience you should indulge in at some point if you so happen to be in London. Every year the streets of West London come alive, with the sounds and smells of Europe’s biggest street festival. Twenty miles of vibrant colourful costumes surround over 40 static sound systems, hundreds of Caribbean food stalls,(make sure you visit Mama’s Jerk Station, on the corner of Portobello Rd and Oxford Gardens) over 40,000 volunteers and over 1 million Notting Hill carnival revellers.
Speaking from experience, here are my tips for having an enjoyable time.
- Be ware, take your own loo role, don’t dink too much as its a nightmare queuing or finding a decent toilet, oh and bring loose change to use the toilet as there is a charge!
- Don’t ware heels! as much as you are tempted gurl, I’m warning you now, its constant walking (unless you also bring flats)
- Do try the yummy food, but make sure it looks well cooked!
- The weather is hugely unpredictable so bring a small rain coat, hair band or something that will tide you over.
- be sure your phone is on vibrate or you have a meeting spot incase of getting lost and have a fully charged phone
- If you have kids go on Sunday, if you want to rave it up go on Bank holiday Monday but be ready for hungry men!! lol
Choose an outfit thats fun and comfy so you can enjoy yourself
SUNDAY 25th & MONDAY 26th of AUGUST BANK HOLIDAY 2013 find out more here
Drop your comments on your past experience of carnival or your top tips for a great time.