2. Use of the Service by You 2.1. A Higher Venture or its licensors owns all material on this Site. You may retrieve and display content from this Site on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorized use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise, of material obtained through the Service. 2.2. You acknowledge that all magazine brands are trademarks and that you may not use them without prior written permission from A Higher Venture. 2.3. You may not authorize others to use the Service, and you are responsible for all of your own use of the Service. You agree not to use any obscene, indecent or offensive language, or to place on the Service any material that is false, defamatory, abusive, harassing or hateful. Further, you may not place on the Service any material that is encrypted, constitutes junk mail or unauthorized advertising, invades anyone’s privacy, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation. You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability. 2.4. 2.4. You are responsible for all activities under your password or account, and you will keep your password confidential. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. You will not disrupt the functioning of the Site, solicit or use another user’s password or otherwise act in a way that interferes with other users’ use of the Site. 2.5. Other than connecting to A Higher Venture ‘s servers by HTTP requests using a Web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to A Higher Venture ‘s servers by any means, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Service or otherwise. 2.6. You are responsible for ensuring that any material you provide to the Service or post in a Discussion Area, including but not limited to text, photographs and sound, does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party. 2.7. You agree not to disrupt, modify or interfere with the Service or its associated software, hardware and servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others’ use of the Service. You further agree not to alter or tamper with any information or materials on, or associated with, the Service. 2.8. You acknowledge that A Higher Venture has not reviewed and does not endorse the content of all sites linked to from this Service and is not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites linked to from this Service. Linking to any other service or site from this Service is at your sole risk. Use of the Discussion Forums By You 2.9. These Discussion Forum rules have been put in place to help ensure that the Discussion Forum is a welcoming and useful resource for everyone that participates. These rules outline what is deemed unacceptable behavior and it is important to read them carefully.
Do not post libelous or defamatory comments. Do not post anything relating to any ongoing or pending trial Do not post content which you have copied from someone else (i.e. you do not own the copyright) Do not use profanities Do not post a personal insult about another user Do not advertise or solicit Do not impersonate another user 2.10 We cannot and do not review every post before it appears on the site. A Higher Venture operates a ‘notice and take-down’ policy which means if A Higher Venture notices or is made aware of a post that contravenes these rules, A Higher Venture reserves the right to amend or remove the post. 2.11 A Higher Venture encourages you to contact us if you feel a post violates these rules. Please click the “Report” icon/link to let us know. 2.12 You are responsible for the content of your posts and A Higher Venture does not accept any liability for the content or accuracy of your messages. A Higher Venture reserves the right to republish any material you submit. 2.13 Users of the Site may submit material for publication in the Discussion Forums. A Higher Venture accepts no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by A Higher Venture and A Higher Venture is not responsible for its content or accuracy. 2.14 If you want to submit material to the Discussion Forums you may do so on the following terms and conditions: 2.15 Publication of any material you submit will be at the sole discretion of A Higher Venture and A Higher Venture is entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication, after publication or to refuse publication. 2.16 You grant A Higher Venture a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to republish any material you submit in any format, and you warrant to A Higher Venture that any material you submit is your own work and that you own the copyright and all relevant rights. 2.17 You warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, harassing, defamatory or otherwise illegal. 2.18 You agree not to post material that is deliberately intended to upset other users. 2.19 You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause A Higher Venture damage or loss and agree to indemnify and hold harmless A Higher Venture in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by A Higher Venture as a result of publishing any material you submit to us, including consequential loss.
2.20 Should A Higher Venture become aware of any activity that would be contrary to the Terms or determine in their sole discretion to be unacceptable, then A Higher Venture reserves the right to take action including temporary or permanent removal of content, filtering of internet transmissions and/or to exclude the User with immediate effect and, where necessary, to forward any incriminating material in its possession to the UK police or other relevant authorities.
2.21 You accept that A Higher Venture may keep a record of your IP and/or host address for reference purposes only (in order to keep a track on the amount of visitors per day). In the event of any breach of these Terms, A Higher Venture may view and add your IP and/or host address to an ‘excluded database’ to prevent you gaining further access to the website service. These addresses are not distributed or given out to any third party services.
3. Information and Availability While A Higher Venture takes every care to ensure that the information on these Sites is accurate and complete, some of it is supplied to A Higher Venture by third parties and A Higher Venture is unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, errors interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, A Higher Venture ‘s Sites are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind and A Higher Venture does not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability.
4. Links 4.1. Any third party web site that links to this Site must not: - create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of this site; - imply that A Higher Venture is endorsing it or its products or services; - use any A Higher Venture trade mark displayed on any A Higher Venture Site without permission from A Higher Venture; - infringe any intellectual property or other right of any person; - be a web site that contains content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial. 4.2. A Higher Venture expressly reserves the right to request that any link in breach of these terms be removed and to take whatever other action it deems appropriate. 4.3. On these Sites you may be offered automatic links to other sites. Whilst A Higher Venture hopes you will be interested in those other sites, you acknowledge that their owners may be independent from A Higher Venture and A Higher Venture does not endorse or accept any responsibility for their content. 4.4. Pages of the site may contain some contextual affiliate marketing links created by Skimlinks, a service that works on behalf of 3rd party online retailers. Purchases made on these 3rd party sites are the sole responsibility of that site. Purchases made through these links may result in a commission being earned by A Higher Venture
6. Copyrights and Copyright Complaints 6.1. All copyright, trademarks, design rights and all other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) where relevant in and on the Site and all content located on the Site shall at all times remain vested in A Higher Venture, subject to Clause 6.4. 6.2. A Higher Venture grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Site content solely for personal use relating to your use of the Site. Except as expressly set out herein, neither you nor anyone acting on your behalf acquires any intellectual property rights relating to any Site content. Any rights not expressly granted within these Terms are reserved. 6.3. By sharing any contribution(s) with us (including data, text, photo, message, posting, image, logo, attachment, hyperlink and all other content (collectively “Contribution(s)”) to the Site, you agree and grant A Higher Venture and its sub-licensees, free of charge permission, to use the Contribution(s) in any way A Higher Venture wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) in connection with the operation of the Site and our business. The license extends to copying, distributing, broadcasting or otherwise transmitting, adapting or editing the Contribution(s). 6.4. You agree and confirm that any Contribution(s) you provide or upload is original to you and does not infringe UK laws, copyright or other rights of any other person, or that you have the consents necessary to provide the Contribution(s) to NatMag, 6.5. You acknowledge that A Higher Venture does not endorse the accuracy, integrity, copyright, compliance, legality, quality or decency of any Contribution(s). Users may respond to or comment upon Contribution(s), such comments do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of NatMag. 6.6. A Higher Venture respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. A Higher Venture may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the access of users, subscribers, and account holders who infringe the copyright rights of others. 6.7. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on any A Higher Venture Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Site contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright, please contact A Higher Venture immediately.
7. Comments by Users Are Not Endorsed by A Higher Venture 7.1. A Higher Venture does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted by users in Discussion Forums or elsewhere in the Service. Any information or material placed online by users, including advice and opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not necessarily represent the view of A Higher Venture.
9. e-COMMERCE A Higher Venture has joined up with selected third party partners to enable you to purchase relevant products and services. Transactions carried out with specified third party partners (and not with A Higher Venture) will be governed by the third party’s standard terms and conditions which may be found on their sites before you transact. From time to time A Higher Venture may team up with other selected third parties to offer you the opportunity to purchase goods from the site. Such purchases will be with the named third party (and not with A Higher Venture) and will be governed by the terms and conditions notified to you at the time of purchase. A Higher Venture cannot and do not accept any responsibility or liability for any losses you may suffer as a result of entering into any transaction with any third party.
10. Other Promotions From time to time, A Higher Venture (or selected third parties) may include competitions, promotions or other offers on these Sites. Each such offer shall be subject to its own express terms and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
11. Materials Provided by Others 11.1. You agree that A Higher Venture is not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material.
12. Trade marks All magazine trademarks are trade marks of A Higher Venture or its sister companies and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. All other trademarks used on these Sites are the property of their respective owners.
13. Indemnity 13.1. You agree to indemnify A Higher Venture and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, advertisers, partners, agents and representatives, and to hold them harmless from any and all claims, demands, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees) that may arise from: (i) your submissions, Contribution(s) or provision of content; (ii) your use or misuse of the Site; (iii) your unauthorized use of material obtained through the Service; (iv) your breach of this Agreement; (v) any such acts arising through your use of the Service; or (vi) any other violation of the rights of another person or party.
14. Editing and Deletions 14.1. A Higher Venture reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material posted by users in the Discussion Forums or elsewhere on the Site, in its sole discretion and without notice.
15. Additional Rules 15.1. A Higher Venture reserves the right to post, from time to time, additional terms and conditions that apply to specific parts of the Service. Such additional terms and conditions will be posted in the relevant parts of the Service, and will be clearly identified. Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to comply with these additional terms and conditions.
16. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability 16.1. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE USING THE SITE AND ANY OF ITS SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE AND ITS SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NATMAG AND ITS AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN OR PROVIDED BY THE SITE AND ITS SERVICE. 16.2. NATMAG AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTY, IMPLIED OR EXPLICIT, THAT ANY PART OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OF ANY QUALITY, NOR THAT THE CONTENT IS SAFE IN ANY MANNER FOR DOWNLOAD. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER NATMAG NOR ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY PARTICIPANT IN THE SITE AND ITS SERVICES PROVIDES PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND AND THAT USE OF SUCH ADVICE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WITHOUT OUR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND. 16.3. SAVE FOR THE PROVISIONS OF THE FOLLOWING CLAUSE NATMAG AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ALLEGEDLY SUSTAINED ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SERVICE, INCLUDING FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE, YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. 16.4. NATMAG’S LIABILITY WILL NOT BE LIMITED IN THE CASE OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY DIRECTLY CAUSED BY NATMAG’S NEGLIGENCE.
17. Termination 17.1. A HIGHER VENTURE HAS THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS THE SITE AND ITS SERVICE, FOR ANY REASON, WITHOUT NOTICE.
19. Safety 19.1. Please remember that posting your name, contact information or any other personal information on the Site places such information in the public domain. Always use caution when giving out information. We advise that you do not reveal any information about yourself or anyone else (for example: full name, telephone number, postal address, email address, home address or any other details that allow you to be personally identified) on the Site
20. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction 20.1. You agree that this Agreement, for all purposes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You also agree, subject to the following clause, to submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts as regards any claim or matter arising under this Agreement. 20.2. For the exclusive benefit of A Higher Venture, A Higher Venture shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of your residence.
21. General 21.1 From time to time, our Sites may publish articles or features, which some site visitors may find offensive. A Higher Venture does not intend to offend and suggests that Site visitors who find the tone or content of the Sites offensive, no longer visit the Sites. No responsibility is taken for any offense caused. 21.2. This Agreement is the complete and entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior agreement, whether written or oral. 21.3. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. 21.4. Failure of either party to exercise any right or remedy under this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
All blog photos posed by models and sourced from public domain.
Please leave the Site and its Service now if you don’t agree to the terms contained in this Agreement.